Over the years, Bronies for Good has raised over $200,000 for various impactful charity projects, thanks to the creative contributions of the fandom's many talented musicians and artists, and the generosity of thousands of fans who want to make the world a better place.
Previously, we announced our fifth Seeds of Kindness charity album, Building Bridges, and seek entries from creative fans worldwide. We would like to remind everyone that there are only two weeks left before submission closes. So get those creative juices flowing and help the world with your talents!*
Building Bridges will be launched in November, along with our new fundraiser. All funds will benefit the highly effective prevention program of the Against Malaria Foundation.
Our new album theme, epitomized by the title of Building Bridges, is global empathy: There is a vanguard among us who care equally about feeling beings of all species and countries—no matter how different they are or how far away—and who want all of them to thrive.
We want to make our new album a testament to an altruism that extends beyond the bounds of countries and species, an altruism that stands up for everyone no matter where, an altruism that inspires action!
Soft deadline: October 1, 2015
Hard deadline: November 1, 2015
Release date: November 22, 2015
What to Submit
- Pony and non-pony songs are equally welcome.
- No copyrighted material can be used, and we cannot accept entries that remix, sample, or cover the show either.(Sorry!)
- Submitting a remix requires the composers’ permission.
- Collaborations are encouraged!
- There is no genre restriction besides common sense. Don’t make anything angry, creepy, or overly depressing (but sad is fine) and your song should have no problem fitting in.
- There is no set length restriction, and most importantly, short songs are just as welcome as longer pieces are. Don’t stretch your song solely to fit a given length—this was perhaps the most common issue with entries for the previous albums!
- You can submit as many songs as you want (within reason). Two songs from the same artist can get in without any problem, but over that number (not counting collabs), we might only take the best two of them.
How to Submit
- An MP3 file without the artist’s name in its title or metadata, hosted on a service that offers streaming (preferably Mediafire). Please make sure to take the sharing link rather than copy-pasting from your URL bar. You may check your link by accessing it while logged out, e.g., using private browsing.
- A lossless file (preferably FLAC, but WAV or AIFF are fine too) also hosted on a service like Mediafire. We tend to see a lot of Dropbox links dying when we need them, so please be careful.
- The title, your preferred artist name, a link for credit (YouTube channel, Soundcloud, etc.), and lyrics if applicable.
Things You Should Know
- For the sake of musicians who submit their songs early, there is a set release date.
- We recommend that you submit before the “soft deadline” so we can still give feedback on tracks that are close to making the cut.
- You may release your song as soon as the album is out but link the fundraiser instead of a direct MP3 download.
- We will continue to trust our fans to donate to download the album.
- You can upload your song on YouTube when the album is released, but please do not make your song public until then. However, feel free to upload previews or ask for feedback!
* Cutie marks not guaranteed