- These rules are in full effect inside the entire venue area of GalaCon
- The domiciliary rights of the venue staff even stand above the convention rules.
Security / Emergency Situations
- What staff says counts. You are expected to adhere to all orders given by the convention- and the venue staff as well as the volunteers.
- If you ever find yourself in a bind, don’t hesitate to ask the staff for help. Don’t try to solve a heated situation on your own! If in doubt let the guards or other staff take care of it instead.
- Emergency exits are to be kept usable at all times. Don’t get in the way of volunteer work and medical assistance.
- In the case of fire go to the marked rescue area and listen to the volunteers and firefighters. Never try to extinguish a fire on your own.
- Do not harass, ridicule or bully guests or staff.
- Do not approach the Guests of Honour in their downtime. They need their rest just like you do, so please, give them space!
- Animals are not allowed. The only exceptions are guide dogs and similar pets that you depend on for your wellbeing. All other animals will be removed by the local police or animal welfare on your bill if needed. Please save your pet friends the pain and leave them at home!
- Do not camp at the venue.
- Depictions and symbols that are prohibited by German law are strictly forbidden (an
example would be world war-related imagery, e.g. Swastikas). If you wear, draw or show content with such depictions you will be removed from the convention.
- Use the trash bins! They are there for a reason. Cleaning up behind yourself is important. If you don’t clean up on your own, volunteers will order you to do so.
- All kinds of skates are only allowed for photos. You’re not allowed to actually use them as a means of getting around the con.
- All kinds of harmful weapons are prohibited.
- All replica weapons are prohibited.
- Soft air guns, blunted swords, anything explosive, brass knuckles, knives or any other weapons which can inflict serious pain are prohibited.
- Spike collars and bracelets are only allowed if the spikes are shorter than 5cm / 2 inches and blunt.
- LARP weapons, foam weapons and any other weapons meant for safe usage have to be revised be the GalaCon staff. If we approve them they get marked. Unmarked weapons will be confiscated.
- If you break a weapon rule and bring a dangerous weapon into the venue, it’s possible that you will be removed by the police AND charged for violating German weapon laws. You can be fined at least 10.000 € for this, so seriously, don’t do it.
- Pocket knives can be very useful. But we can not allow them to be carried around as they can still be misused as a weapon. If you should be in need of one or tools in general, please come to the convention office.
- All visitors must carry valid ID at all times.
- The convention staff can request to see your ID at any time.
- Valid means of ID: Official ID-Card, Passport or Driver’s license.
- Other documents are NOT valid and will not be accepted!
- All visitors up to the age of 12 can enter GalaCon for free.
- Up to the age of 14 visitors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Visitors under the age of 16 not accompanied by a parent or legal guardian must
leave the con area at 10 pm.
- Alcohol and smoking inside the venue are forbidden at all times. Smoking is ONLY allowed at the marked smoking areas. Drunk visitors will be removed from the convention.
- All kinds of hookahs are prohibited.
- Electronic cigarettes are only allowed outside.
Food and Drink regulations
- You are not allowed to bring food from outside the venue. Everything bought outside
the venue has to be consumed outside.
- Exceptions from food are snacks. This includes fruits, candy bars, bonbons or chips.
- You are allowed to bring and carry water and juices with you in the venue. Sodas
and soft drinks can be bought at the venues snack point.
- NO FOOD AND SOFTDRINKS allowed in the Theatersaal (Main Hall).
- The terraced site belongs to the KUBUS restaurant. Only food and drinks purchased
there may be consumed in that area.
Recording of Film- and Photo footage
- Throughout the whole convention weekend, our internal documentation and streaming teams will record film and photo footage of the event.
- Be aware that when our teams record crowded scenes or panels, you might get
filmed or photographed unnoticed. The GalaCon team has the rights to publish this
footage at any given time.
- If you notice this and don’t want to be in the pictures and/or videos, please stand back and avoid entering the scene.
- If our team films/pictures single persons or small groups, they will ask for your permission. It is your right to disagree being filmed or pictured respectively stepping out from the picture or scene in that case.
- If you don’t veto on this subject clearly, you silently agree to be filmed/pictured and the recorded footage being published at any time.