Please note, that
- underage visitors, who are under the age of 14, have to be accompanied by a legal guardian or a parent and
- adolescent visitors between 14 and 16 years of age have to be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent if they want to stay after 10:00 PM.
If an underage or adolescent visitor is not accompanied by a/their parent/s but by a third person, they have to carry the following form signed by the parents or by the person who is by law having parental authority to confirm that he or she is having custody.
Otherwise, entry to the convention may be denied.
To underage visitors, the following regulations also apply:
- Children under the age of 12 have free entry, but they have to be accompanied by a legal guardian. Named legal guardian has to buy a ticket by her- or himself. This implies that one adult who has a paid ticket can bring one or many children to GalaCon for free.
- Adolescents between 12 and 16 years of age have to buy a ticket, but can bring one legal guardian for free.
- These two reliefs cannot be combined. A legal guardian who has free entry because he or she accompanies an adolescent cannot bring additional children to GalaCon (a Family Ticket would be advisable in that case).
Choosing the Cheapest Ticket Rate for Families
For families, there are special Family Tickets available at the price of 140,- € (both convention days) resp. 60,- € (Sunday only). But not in all cases is this the cheapest rate for a visiting family.
- A parent or legal guardian, who buys a (Standard) ticket, can bring one or many children under the age of 12 for free. So for a group of 1 adult and one or more children under the age of 12, a Standard Ticket is the cheapest option.
- If a parent attends with one child under the age of 12 and one adolescent between 12 and 16 years, the Family Ticket would be cheaper because both the parent and the adolescent would have to buy a ticket.
- If two parents attend with two adolescents, the Family Ticket would be cheaper. Each adolescent could bring one parent for free, but the Family Ticket still costs less than 2 Standard tickets.
So when choosing the right ticket, please refer to the following short advice:
- 1 parent, 1 or more children (< 12) – Standard Ticket
- 2 parents, 1 or more children/adolescents – Family Ticket
- 1 parent, 1 child (< 12), 1 adolescent (12 – 16) – Family Ticket
- 1 parent, 2 adolescents (12 – 16) – Standard Ticket
- 2 parents, 2 adolescents (12 – 16) – Family Ticket
- 2 parents, more than 2 adolescents – Family Ticket
Please feel free to ask via our contact form if you are unsure about the right ticket rate to choose.
Family tickets are only meant to make it easier for families to attend, so at least one child or adolescent has to be part of the visiting group. They are no cheaper option for two visiting adults. We trust that our visitors respect this purpose limitation in every visitor’s interest.
Why so many different regulations?
As GalaCon is not aimed for profit and ticket revenue only covers the actual costs for the convention, we have to compromise between visitor and financial interests.
The named regulations are meant to make it easier for underage visitors to attend, but also ensure that still a fair contribution to the costs of the event is made. From what we have learned during the past years, these special terms should add up to a fair set of conditions for everyone.
Childrens and Families
We do not ask for a proof of descent or caretakership. Of course, also children accompanied by adult siblings, uncles or aunts, grandparents etc. will be considered a family.
It is also possible to bring underage friends as the number of children a Family Ticket or the relief for legal guardians of Children under the age of 12 covers is not limited.